PDA

View Full Version : batch render fluid problem

alecorre
07-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I am using the pond fluid effect and I have it looking the way I want in a still. I did a covert fluids to polygons and it worked great except for one giant problem... I can choose any frame and render it and it looks fine, but if I do a batch render, there is absooutely zreo animation. The waters go still. If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Or if someone has a good fractal water texture that I can use as a displacement map, that would also be very welcome.

Allen

Aikiman
07-31-2008, 12:06 AM
I am using the pond fluid effect and I have it looking the way I want in a still. I did a covert fluids to polygons and it worked great except for one giant problem... I can choose any frame and render it and it looks fine, but if I do a batch render, there is absooutely zreo animation. The waters go still. If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

you could use this code...

{
int $start = `playbackOptions -q -min`;
int $end = `playbackOptions -q -max`;
int $i;
for($i = $start; $i <= $end; $i++)
{
currentTime $i;
render;
}
}

this will force Maya to render at each frame.

Or if someone has a good fractal water texture that I can use as a displacement map, that would also be very welcome.

Allen

try Maya Oceans

alecorre
07-31-2008, 04:38 AM
So I went for the ocean shader ooption. works great except for one little detail. It crashes out of the batch render. On any machine I try it. Renders a still frame like a charm.

physical sky for lighting, final gather and the ocean shader, something is not playing nice...

desperate for a solution...

thanks

Aikiman
07-31-2008, 05:06 AM
well you could try using the code above to manually render each frame see if that works, also perhaps try and isolate what is crashing the render. Id start with dropping final gather and re-render, see if that makes the difference. Are you using intense image resolutions which maybe causing your system to run out of memory?

Dont forget there is a 2D water texture you may be able to use as your displace that can be animated.

alecorre
07-31-2008, 06:50 AM
How do I use that code? what do I do with it? I have never tried anything like that before...

not much in the way of textures to speak of actually. tried with and without final gather and it makes no difference. maybe I will have to go with the water texture 2D thing

love animating... despise rendering...

thanks

AndersEgleus
07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Just copy the above code and paste it into the lower part (the window with the MEL tab) of your script editor (button at the bottom right of your maya workspace) and press enter (you've probably figured that out by now).

alecorre
07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.