PDA

View Full Version : Running Creature with tanticles

overcontrast
07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi there,

I'm animating a running creature with tanticles. But the problem is i cant get the motion of the tanticles right. Right now i'm using Hair dynamics, but its not giving me control over the weight of the tentocles. They are moving like... well hair not like fleshy tanticles.
Can anyone please suggest me a better approch or give me some tips in how i can control the weight of the tanticels? Think of Davy Jones from Pirets but in my case the tanticles are longer and comming from the back of the creature whos is running like hell.

I would really appriciate your help.

Thanks
Zubuyer

tpalamar
07-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Have you tried adding noise to the animation of the hair curves? Here is an example:

Octopus (http://www.speffects.com/Files/octo2.mov)

overcontrast
07-31-2008, 01:11 PM
THanks tpalamar,

The problem is my character moves very fast and for that the tanticles behind seems like floating in the air rather then dangling like loose flesh.

Can anyone point me toward any tutorial where this kind of effects are explained>

thanks

tpalamar
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I think you could still get away with using hair curves. You will need to increase the iterations and stiffness but you should be able to get the look you are after. As a back up you could animate the tentacles without the fast motion and bake the animation down. Then parent it back to your character when he is running. That would preserve the look and or allow you to tweak it further.

Sounds cool, I'd like to see the finished product!

ashishdantu
08-01-2008, 09:29 AM
to make the tentacles not flatter tooo much, have you tried the start curve attract attrib ?

and maybe u can use the turbulance with a low value.. up the mass and damp settings..

and this should help ?

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2008, 09:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.