PDA

View Full Version : 3D World Messiah review

rush123
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Messiah 3.0 is reviewed in 3D World (September issue), it gets an 8.

chikega
07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
8 out of 16? :)

Joking of course ... I'm guessing 8 out 10 ... congrats pmG!

BruceBlack
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
What..? 3D World reviewing another software package other than one made by AutoDesk..?

Seriously though, good to see Messiah getting the exposure it so rightly deserves.

catizone
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I thought the "cons" being no significant animation improvements was laughable because of what messiah already does ( and how robustly)so well...and with ease and better implementation than other packages.

Actually, I think it's a real slap in the face, because, as an animation and rigging focussed
app, this makes it sound like it's not that hot because of no animation improvements.

Hopefully, the overall score of 8/10 and phenomenal price might interest some new prospects who will discover just how great messiah is.

Best,
Rick

My Fault
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
While I agree with you Rick that messiahs animation abilities are fairly robust, it is a definite con that they haven't continued improving that part of messiah. Just because they were well ahead of the curve when they first made messiah, doesn'y mean they are perfect and that things can't be improved. Things like a more consistent manipulator, better arc tracking, 2d greasepencil, etc would only make messiah that much more efficient animation wise.

Still, good to see it get a solid review and get the word out more.

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.