PDA

View Full Version : Copying Weighting

ASW
05-29-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi, I'm using Maya 4.0 so I'm a little out of date but I've got a model I've been working on for a while, and like to copy my weighting from the untextured weighted version to the textured version of my model. I've tried maya copy weight map and that sure as hell doesn't work. I've got exactly the same bone structure in each so that should not be the problem. I'm wondering if anyone knows of an appropriate Mel script for just such a problem. Thanks for any help you can give me.

ASW

nemirc
05-29-2003, 09:28 PM
have you tried this?

Bind the textured version to the same rig the non-textured version is bound to. Then when both skins are rigged you can use the "copy weights" command to trasnfer directly from one model to the other :bounce:

ASW
05-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Because I've been using a copy of the same rig, not the exact the same rig. If thats what you mean, I'll give it shot and get back to you. Thanks.

ASW
05-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Wicked thanks man

nemirc
05-30-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ASW
Wicked thanks man

That was good. I am as impressed as you are :drool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.