PDA

View Full Version : memory problem

TP
07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
hey guys, i have a big problems , i am trying to emit object instances, and i guess the mesh is heavy (allot of poly's) now every time i try to render its says memory issue etc.. vray does an error and max is shut down , i tried to make the object into a vray proxie and still the same resault = crash :cry:
is there a way around this ??? plz help :shrug:

joconnell
07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
You cant use vray proxies in pflow - get it to make a mesh per object in the render operator. The other option is to bake the particle movement to scene objects like in the first tutorial here - http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs5/pflow/

PsychoSilence
07-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Other then that please check what your render node is set to:

usually itīs set to single mesh. set it to multiple meshes and play with the particles per mesh settings. i guess the particle sytem gets simply to heavy for a single meshing render prodedure.

anselm

TP
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
yaeh i just rendered and its all rubish with vproxies
your right joconnell , about the bobo tut im not so good in scripts and stuff like that so id rather try
PsychoSilence method first ,
thank u guys :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.