PDA

View Full Version : Sword Fight Scene

Futur4000
07-29-2008, 01:57 AM
Hey everyone,

So this is an animation i made over the past weeks in my spare time.
It's basically a fast-paced 1 v 1 fight. It's still a WIP cuz i'm gonna add more to it, but before i do so i need ur help.
My references for this were 2 fight scenes in FEARLESS with Jet Li and 1 fight scene in FF7 Advent Children

First things first - I need some feedback/critique on the animation of the bips themselves.

Also, i added lights cuz it's a fight inside a wooden building, but for whatever reason, you can notice the lights "turning off" at each "sword presentation scene". No idea what causes that or how to fix it. So any help on that too would be really appreciated.

Finally, my choices of cameras shot/angles were personal, but if anyone has good knowledge of how i should put them instead to make things more interesting, i would love that too :)

This is where u can see the anim...it's in medium quality so it wouldnt be too big.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Th9kql5zY

Thank you all in advance for ur help

andrewmartin
07-29-2008, 03:11 AM
With regard to the animation, when the red character does his first big move, his shoulders look a bit awkward. They're raised and cramped looking.

The timing and weight of the green character when he first attacks needs work. The jump needs more anticipation, and the landing isn't showing his weight properly. He also slows down a bit after the landing, which doesn't look right. I think his whole approach needs to be consistently fast.

The camera choices seem fine, and the overall action seems like a good way to start a fight.

Good job.

thehive
08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
im not felling the confidance in the charcters also the moves are too soft need faster movement an harder holds

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.