PDA

View Full Version : Rendering to exact resolution

Bpanting
05-29-2003, 04:23 PM
I am working on texturing a character. I want to take the texture from Photoshop and bring it into Maya lay it out onto a flat plane and do some bump mapping and other things. Then I want to render the image out and bring it back into Photoshop. My problem is how do I render the image out so that the entire image is the size of the original Photoshop image of 2048 x 2048.

galactor
05-29-2003, 04:59 PM
I would render the image to 2500 x 2500 from the top Camera(make sure to deselect keep pixel aspect ratio). And try to place the plane that contains the texture as good as possible. After that you can Rescale it in PhotoShop.

:: Galactor ::

Bpanting
05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks I will give that a try.

:thumbsup:

pyromania
05-30-2003, 02:26 AM
Another way to do this would be to use the convert to file texture command in hypershade.

Apply the texture and bump map to the plane then in hypershade select you shader then shift select your plane. Now with both objects selected go to Edit>>Convert to File texture and open the options box [] for it. Make sure that bake lighting and bake shadows are checked then set your X/Y resolutions to 2048. Click convert and maya will render the plane and output the finished image. No need to setup a camera, and the image will be the exact size you specify.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.