PDA

View Full Version : CurveFlow & Interpenetrating Particles

eahartz
07-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Hey there, I currently have a curve flow set up to simulate everyone's favorite "the blood vessel simulation". I have an instancer set up with the blood cells mesh, and they are rotating and pulsing nicely. Nothing fancy. My only real issue is that the blood cells pass through each other. Any suggestions on fixing this would be awesome. Seems like this should be real obvious on how to fix but I keep missing it. Thanks in advance.

-Hartz

Aikiman
07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
The only way to do it is to use fields, ie radial field and Use Selected as Source, Apply per vertex and adjust max distance settings on the field. Theres a heap of stuff about it in here.

eahartz
07-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks Aikiman, I didn't realize I needed a radial on the actual instanced geo.

alexx
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
not the geometry.
the particles need to have that field, so the repell each other.

as you might notice, this will be a spherical field and like that not perfectly match your blood cells. but it usually looks nice like that.

another note on that: since you use the curve flow, you run a slight bit into the trouble, that one the one hand side the cells need to follow the curve flow, and on the other hand the need to react to the fields.
play with the values for the magnitude and the goal for the flow.

cheers

alex

eahartz
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys, I think there is a nice balance going on, I appreciate the advice.

-Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.