PDA

View Full Version : Alien Crash

monochromed
07-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi Guys,

i've been working on this now for quite a month now, and i think it's time for some c & c's.
The goal was to create a warm mood and some difference between the nature and a technical side.

http://www.monochromed.de/share/alien_8_small.png

But now I'm a little stuck to get the picture to a higher level. I will work at the space ship the next week or so, maybe try it in 3d, we will see....

Hope you guys out there have some good ideas to make this a 4 star scorer in these forums :)

Greets,

Markus

RoadToAwe
07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
wow, your techical skill is amazing. As you said you might work more on the ship and the feeling i get is that the ship kind of is just pasted into a beautiful scenary, maybe there need to be some other proof of its crash, like a trail, some debris, a split tree or something. Also because the ship has its own light you cannot see the backlightening from the sun which effects the rest of the drawing. Anyhow, this is up to professional standard to me, brilliant work!!

NR43
07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
I agree with RoadToAwe: more debris, a crash usually leaves an aweful lot of it :)
Putting the grass in the foreground in darker values will add depth.
The overal value of the grass is now actually lighter and it's distracting. (The grass near the tree on the left is pulling my eye away from the ship.
I would darken the ship a lot as well and leave just the blue lights to add contrast and draw the viewers eye.

The sky is absolutely amazing, I love it. Adding some hues to a darker ship's edges (coming from behind) will help doing the trick.

Lovely work sofar, looking forward to see you pushing this one

monochromed
08-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi guys,

i just made a few changes, just let me know if it goes in the right direction...

I deleted the hightlight on the background plants and fixed the middle cload. It had that blurry look on the upper side. I tried to integrate the ship more by adding some debris (not finished) and more earth...
I also painted some mist on top of the rainforest and the spaceship...

Please give me you comments...

Greets, Markus

http://www.monochromed.de/share/alien_9_small.png

JDHovey
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi, i think the overall composition is great, the light too, though the light on the foreground grass looks a little bit random, i also think the colour of the grass might look better if it was more of a yellowy green rather than bluey turquoise :thumbsup: some of the foreground elements could do with a bit of general sharpening too :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.