PDA

View Full Version : Rotoscope "locking"?

Paul L. Ming
04-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Hiya.

Ok, what'd I do now? I've searched the docs, but can't for the life of me remember how to "lock" a rotoscope image so that when I zoom in/out and pan the rotoscope stays "locked" to the object. I don't want the object to "get bigger/smaller" only, I need the roto to stay the same "size" as the object. I hope I'm making sense here. I have no idea what option I switched on or off...or which one to switch on or off. HELP!?!

^_^

Paul L. Ming
Softimage 3D Cert. Lvl 2 & 3...and still struggling with XSI. (I know, sad, isn't it? ;) ).

guyt
04-24-2002, 01:06 PM
on every viewport panel wheres the camera and the eye icon
just click to lock

Paul L. Ming
04-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Hiya.

Hmmm. I must have done something then; clicking the little "magifying glass" only fits the rotoscope to the screen, or reduces it back to it's original size.

Any other suggestions? Or am I back to spending another hour or two, or three looking for something I may never find? Is there a way to "reset all hotkeys/layout" or something that might undo whatever I did? (I'd rather not use the old "non-selectable plane primitive with your picutre on it as a rotoscope" trick).

PS: I forgot to add that I'm using XSI 1.5. Sorry!

guyt
04-24-2002, 04:22 PM
this magnifyer glass lock the image to the object when u zoom in
the pic zoom in with the object when u zoom out also
when u pan its locked to the object ,i modeled few cars with that it work
u must doing something wrong and one more thing when u start to moel start it with ur rotoscope lock,like i said

[GFS]snoopy
04-24-2002, 05:31 PM
You can zoom in / out and pan by using the pan & zoom tool (hotkey z) in a view with rotoscope. By this way the scaling between rotoscope and model stay similar. Besides you can use one of the four viewpoint memomrization buttons to save your camera position if you changed your viewport.

[GFS]snoopy

[GFS]snoopy
04-24-2002, 06:06 PM
I forgot the graphic. The four empty buttons are the viewpoint memorization buttons. Store a view by clicking with the middle mouse button and restore a view with the left one. By clicking the right MB you can delete your stored view.

Greeting
[GFS]snoopy

Paul L. Ming
04-24-2002, 06:32 PM
Hiya

Ok, now I feel like a total idiot. I didn't know that using the "s" key to zoom in/out was different from using the "z" key. I figured zoom was a zoom was a zoom. Silly me. Am I right in assumeing the the "s" zoom moves the "virtual view", while the "z" key moves the "camera view"? Is that how it works?

Thanks everyone, for putting up with (and trying to get it through my thick skull! ;) ), my question. I'll go sit quietly in the corner for a while now. :)

[GFS]snoopy
04-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Hey no prob, I know this problem well. It's not easy to always switch between s and z if you're in modeling process, I know.

bye
[GFS]snoopy

macoy
04-27-2002, 01:31 AM
the "s" key actaully move the camera back and forth, the "z" key will change the focal length of the camera lens, so if u use z in perspective view, it will be distorted coz u change the lenz.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.