PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Twins Redesign, Mr_joshua (2D)

nizzi
05-29-2003, 05:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/2625/JoshNizzi-WT_900_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/2625/JoshNizzi-WT_900.jpg)

Going for a more updated look - more like stylish super heroes and less like comic relief.

phade2
05-29-2003, 06:02 AM
nice job! :) I like your style and the new gleek design! I expect to see this on the front page soon.

Vormm
05-29-2003, 06:29 AM
Nice. Kind of opposite for how I draw(fast and ugly):p

jamihn
05-29-2003, 07:27 AM
wow! they actually look like they can kick quite a lot of ass. If DC ever does anything with the characters, I hope they get a make over like this one.:buttrock:

Kirt
05-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Hey that's cool! Form of ... a kick ass piece of art! :D

Plugged on the front page! Good job. :thumbsup:

buzzlightyr
05-29-2003, 08:59 AM
nice very very nice :wavey:

azazel
05-29-2003, 09:04 AM
Very nice. I don't know who Wonder Twins were ;) but I like very much this yellow robo thingy ;)

AshodT
05-29-2003, 09:05 AM
amazing work there!!!

that girl looks so beautiful!

i want more :drool:
:beer:

iBlue
05-29-2003, 09:07 AM
this is awesome! :beer:

derelict
05-29-2003, 09:10 AM
something wrong with the female left arm.

edit: and the right

Kel Solaar
05-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Great Job! Love the blend of the different colors :)
like derelict said there is a little problem on the left arm biceps of the girl.

PaxtonGerrish
05-29-2003, 09:23 AM
the little monkey robot rules!! :buttrock:
great work!!!
somethings bothering me about the guy though..
he looks like he has Moobs :eek:
maybe he just has a LOT of upper body strength..
or maybe he has an abundance of estrogen in his system..
oooookaay aannyway
dont mind me its really late... im probably halucinating :surprised ..
but yea looks great , makes me wanna get a tablet again..
keep it up:wip:

cutepixie
05-29-2003, 09:55 AM
very stylish with the purple...and the tealish glow...yesss....sorta reminds me of a updated version of captian planet but wayyyyy cooler :D way to go i likes :thumbsup:

More
05-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Wow, this is like, "80's retro future perspective revisited" I love the look and feel of the characters. That robot look great also. :thumbsup:

DSedov
05-29-2003, 10:03 AM
Greate work. I think I used to see alot of your stuff on Sijun, or somebody with similar nick.

These characters remind me Paul Atredies and his girlfriend (forgot her name) from original Dune (1982)

oxyg3n
05-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Looking good,

It looks like the perspective could be off on the girls right arm. It looks too narrow or maybe her fist is to small.

Crash
05-29-2003, 11:04 AM
The girls name you are loking for is Chana or maybe you mean Mua'dib's sister Alia..... anywayz the picture rocks... and the female is hot :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I'll get my girlfriend to buy herself a uniform lik that :beer:

pOiNtPuShEr
05-29-2003, 11:45 AM
The real question is can the guy still only turn in to water related crap? ;-) Seriously, great job.

Blackrainbow
05-29-2003, 11:57 AM
I like this pic!!, the colours that you used for the characters are so originals.

The design of the robot is great!:thumbsup:

john doe
05-29-2003, 11:57 AM
great job on the pose, !! and the robot cool too....
wat sup with his(monkey robot) fingers? care to explain a concept for it?

gL_spear
05-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Great image, really nice style, but i'd agree about the chest it does look a little round!!!, you might want to indent it a little to take the female look off of it.

fredconv
05-29-2003, 12:04 PM
hey this draw is really good :beer:
colors a killing too TT_TT
how many times did this takes ?
if it is with photoshop, how many layers did it take ?

i really want to know caus i m trying to make one pic as good as this one and i m no good in photoshop TT_TT

anyway, maybe you they should have hang theyr hand in a crossing way ...hard to explain i ll try :D just like a couple, when you hang you partner's hand you ...hum...don t turn your hand the way in the pic.....
sorry if this is a little confuse (my english is not good sorry TT_TT)

but i think it is still a good pic, always killing me with your skill

I want more, gimme moreeeee :drool:
ciao

webfox
05-29-2003, 01:02 PM
That's pretty freaky! I thought of the Wondertwins before I even clicked on the link from the front page. Excellent redesign.

Also, thank you for killing off Gleek and replacing him with the robot... just as long as this isn't some sort of Tweekie, 7-Zark-7, Dinomutt revision.

:applause:

dingo
05-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Very Sweet redesign. Quick someone model them in 3d! Especially Gleek.

Nicodemus
05-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Incredible....someone made the WOnder Twins cool. Love it....and the new sleek Gleek is to sweet.

Outstanding work.

~L~

Spike Siegel
05-29-2003, 01:49 PM
:drool: Awesome Work, great Gleek design:applause:

cgwolf
05-29-2003, 02:14 PM
AwesomeJob, I could actually be halfway interested in these wonder twins now - I think theres a minor fix with his chest (too female looking) but nice clean redesign.

PokeChop
05-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Good Gosh! You're a really good drawer! Awesome work! Agreed, Monkeybot rocks!

swampthing
05-29-2003, 03:28 PM
The guy kinda looks like John Davidson....

Great art though, but man I can honestly say I hated the wonder twins more than any other super hero ever, I used to change the channel as a kid when they'd come on the hall of justice cartoon.

Friggin hate them gah.

Signal2Noise
05-29-2003, 04:30 PM
There's definitely something weird happening with the arms. Both left & right for the female and left for the male. It looks like there is an extra "twist" in the forearm of the female character just before where they're holding hands.

Scene's cool, tho'.

onlooker
05-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Fantastic work. I have not thought of these two in ages. I keep thinking they wore rings.
I do remember the Wonder Twins though. Wasn't Gleek like a pet space monkey, or something?:)

psyop63b
05-29-2003, 04:51 PM
I really like the piece. The most imporant thing is that they DO look like brother and sister. The costumes are nice, but I'd like to see them darkened up a little bit, and tighten the highlights to make it look more shiny. Other thing I noticed is that the arms on Jace (sp?) and much of Jan's costume look transleucent, showing the skin underneath. Is this intentional? If so I feel it might look better if only her thighs and shoulders were like that. It'll make the two costumes even more similar. I also like the new Gleep (or is it Gleek I can't remember) but why the extra joint in the arm?

M.Rogne
05-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Niceness. Looks stylish, yesh.

BoydLake
05-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Great job, it's a very nice image. I love the colors. :thumbsup:

I think the posing of the Male is less successful than the female, though there are minor problems with both. With the male, it's a bit tough to see where the weight is in the figure. There's a slight indication of contra posto, but the posing of his left arm works against the weighting of the pose. Perhaps a slight bend of the wrist to help it look like the arm is supporting some weight. This goes also for the female's right arm. I would also suggest tipping the dude's chin down and maybe turning the head to the side a bit.

I agree with the chest comment on the male...the specular highlights make the pectorals look rather round, like big breasts, not flat muscle mass like it should.

mattregnier
05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
and i don't know if anyone's said it, but hopefully this is on it's way to an EXPOSE submission :D

hakkston
05-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Much better than the cartoon!
:)

i loved the NEW monkey!

:bounce:

ZVAN
05-29-2003, 07:57 PM
great design, but i think the head don match the body, should add some purplish lights on it.. *suggestionsl... the rest.. welldone!:bounce:

gtidhar
05-29-2003, 08:26 PM
A truely great work and a what wonderful style!
:thumbsup:

GlennIsrael
05-29-2003, 08:32 PM
Well done, chief!
:-)
G

d4rk
05-29-2003, 08:48 PM
I like the robot that is really cool, the muscular chick needs to be a little more attractive in my opinion, a slightly thinner waist maybe? or Longer hair? Or if she is the butch of the pair, maybe just a tiny bit more feminine she almost looks like a guy.

typeA
05-29-2003, 08:50 PM
damn i slept in to long and kirt beat me to the form of reference..oh well..now fix the hurkuloids

onlooker
05-29-2003, 08:56 PM
I had to pop in to disagree with the poster above me. That girl is gorgeous. Believe me. I know her real life Twin. No one could say that if they saw her in person. Ouch! :wip: Unless your gay? :wavey:

KolbyJukes
05-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Very nice stuff. :buttrock:

-Kol

Spozzfreund
05-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Great work! That would be cool as a poster! :) :bowdown:

gigatron
05-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Something new for a change (i like i like), im sorta tired/dead right now so no comments, i think its cool ;)

linzi
05-29-2003, 11:58 PM
If she had a thinner waist I reckon she'd disappear into it. I think you've done a great job.

cgtalkmember
05-30-2003, 01:04 AM
very nice indeed but i think that the guy has more boobs than the girl lol :D

onlooker
05-30-2003, 01:21 AM
That has made my very short list (1, of 3) of CG talk work, that I turn into personal Desktop Pictures. I'm using it right now. Looks fantastic. :)

Btw, what apps did you use to create it?

Emberghost
05-30-2003, 01:54 AM
The thing I like the most about this is the pet robot guy.

derelict
05-30-2003, 02:15 AM
hay give this bugger some stars will ya?

DrakeX
05-30-2003, 02:35 AM
did you use anyone's face for the girl? cause she looks just like Kate on Drew Carey. just like her.

derelict
05-30-2003, 03:12 AM
no she's megan ewing.

DSedov
05-30-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by derelict
no she's megan ewing.

I knew you'd say that.. Not all of them (women I mean) look like ere.. .. I wish though.

DSedov
05-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by linzi
If she had a thinner waist I reckon she'd disappear into it. I think you've done a great job.

First it is a stylization, and not a photo.. But thin waist is sexy.

nizzi
Thanks for the great feedback everybody. I really appreciate all the compliments and suggestions.

I made changes that solve some of the problems and hopefully improve the image. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think it's good enough [meaning I'm tired of messing with it :) ].

I created this image using Painter and Photoshop.

I don't have a website right now, but someday soon I will. I just have to get around to designing one. The only other stuff I have on the web right now is some of my work from Red Faction 2. It's mostly models and concepts - not finished drawings. I think I posted some of the stuff before, you can check it out here if you want: http://www.volitionx.com/users/joshn/concept/page_01.htm

DSedov
Originally posted by CgTalk member
very nice indeed but i think that the guy has more boobs than the girl lol :D

lol .... how do you know he is a guy =)

hypercube
05-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Heh, as has been said, great stuff. Really like the Gleek design a lot, too. :thumbsup:

My favorite appearance of these two since that Alex Ross "form of water" cover. (Though the cartoon network parodies are pretty hilarious.) :D

facial
05-30-2003, 05:52 AM
I love this work so much. :D
Well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DigiLusionist
05-30-2003, 06:56 AM
I really like looking at this picture. Excellent job. There's something about the colorization and lines that really appeal to me.

lwbob
05-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by mattregnier and i don't know if anyone's said it, but hopefully this is on it's way to an EXPOSE submission :D

While this is a beautiful image, I'm sure there would be some lawyers that would disagree with you on that. :(

linzi
05-30-2003, 08:10 AM
I like her figure, was responding to someone saying you should make her thinner when I think she's got a great shape. Dont have to have long hair and be waif like to be feminine was what I meant to say, not even in the world of comics.

Sorry, dont really have any crits apart from that I'm not sure about the skirtish area on her costume, looks a little awkward and misdirects the eye. Anatomically they are fantastic, saying it again, you did a really great job.

DSedov
05-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by lwbob
While this is a beautiful image, I'm sure there would be some lawyers that would disagree with you on that. :(

Theoretically, there woulnd't be any problems. Its the same if I draw a starwars character and put it in a book with tutorials, or simple art book. Since copyright laws aply to everything, then you wouldn't be able to show any models, which ideas are copyrighted in your demoreel either. Really soft subject. And the law is like a knife, you just have to point it in ther right direction. There might be something, where you put copyrights for original idea I guess.

lwbob
05-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Lucasfilms is a great example. Lets see how fast the lawyers swarm in when you publish that book with the StarWars characters. Ace Miles created a rendering of Indiana Jones with the Lightwave Logo in place of a golden statue. He recieve a letter from GL's lawyers to pretty much destroy all copies he had.

This could be the same for a sponsored contest. It all depends on if DC follows through, not if you (the artist infringing on copyrights) decided it was OK.

*I am not saying copyrights were stepped on. I love this image. It is the best thing to ever happen to the Wonder Twin characters. I'm just pointing out that entering copyrighted characters in a contest might not be the best idea.

lildragon
05-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Egad! what talent you have :arteest: I have nothing to crit. Splendid work.

Please be sure to enter your images into Expose also http://www.cgtalk.com/expose

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Stunning work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_may03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Eric Oglesby
06-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Very nice.:beer:

DIANGELLO
09-10-2004, 12:32 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I hate u, u the best!!
Great Work!
Great designer!
I really, really hate you, guy!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Sublimation
09-20-2005, 12:45 PM
nice bon job.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 12:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.