PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Advance Screening at SIGGRAPH

RobertoOrtiz
07-25-2008, 03:25 AM
As part of the newly expanded format of the Computer Animation Festival, SIGGRAPH 2008 will feature three all-star Production Studio Nights hosted by industry powerhouses Pixar Animation Studios, Sony Pictures Imageworks, and Lucasfilm Animation.

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/news20080723.html

warpy
07-25-2008, 03:58 AM
hey ortiz, awesome trailer heh!

RobertoOrtiz
07-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi warpy!

Yes it is, I am looking forward to it.

MaxBickley
07-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Still don't wanna pay for animation festival but now tempted more than ever errrgghhhhhhhh!

Brian Cassil
07-30-2008, 07:40 PM
So do we need to do something other than sign up and pay for the animation festival to attend these "Production Studio Nights"? I imagine seating will be very limited and demand high, especially for the Clone Wars screening. I couldn't find any information regarding this except for what I found here: http://www.siggraph.org/s2008/attendees/caf/studioevents/index.php

No mention of shuttles to the theater, wristbands, etc.

RobertoOrtiz
07-30-2008, 07:56 PM
So do we need to do something other than sign up and pay for the animation festival to attend these "Production Studio Nights"? I imagine seating will be very limited and demand high, especially for the Clone Wars screening. I couldn't find any information regarding this except for what I found here: http://www.siggraph.org/s2008/attendees/caf/studioevents/index.php

No mention of shuttles to the theater, wristbands, etc.
My fear is that this was announced on the STARWARS.COM site. We will need to beat with a stick the hardcore Star Wars geeks who could care less about what John Knoll and Director Dave Filoni have to say.

chloedo
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
My fear is that this was announced on the STARWARS.COM site. We will need to beat with a stick the hardcore Star Wars geeks who could care less about what John Knoll and Director Dave Filoni have to say.

I agree..... and it's at the same time as the siggraph party... :(

malducin
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
So do we need to do something other than sign up and pay for the animation festival to attend these "Production Studio Nights"? I imagine seating will be very limited and demand high, especially for the Clone Wars screening. I couldn't find any information regarding this except for what I found here: http://www.siggraph.org/s2008/attendees/caf/studioevents/index.php No mention of shuttles to the theater, wristbands, etc.

The theatre is the Nokia Theatre, right next to Staples center. just one block away from the convention center (no need for shuttles, etc.). Yes, being signed up for the Animation Festival (or say included in the full registration), gets you in.

Exactly, even though they would need to pay $50 for a one day festival pass. This in part is what has me a bit upset about the CAF format this year.

They might know who Filoni is, but I doubt they'll have much idea who John Knoll is.

I agree..... and it's at the same time as the siggraph party... :(

Yeah exactly. What kind of decission making went into scheduling that at the same time. Still debating what to attend, though I'm leaning towards the party.

Titus
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah exactly. What kind of decission making went into scheduling that at the same time. Still debating what to attend, though I'm leaning towards the party.

What's the problem? geeks don't go to parties :D.

malducin
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
What's the problem? geeks don't go to parties :D.

Hahaha. Drinks and free food, I'm so there :-P

chloedo
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Hahaha !
I kinda changed my mind today about it and will probably go to the party too :P

MasterZap
08-07-2008, 06:59 AM
They might know who Filoni is, but I doubt they'll have much idea who John Knoll is.

You'd be surprised, pretty much every star wars geek I know of knows exactly who John Knoll is. And Ben Burtt, John Williams, Rob Coleman... heck, some of them may even know who that George fellow is. :)

/Z

Fess
08-16-2008, 06:34 PM
I felt like snoozing 22 minutes into the screening.

Definately targeted to a very "younger" audience.

Not impressed at all with the current path of "Star Wars".

X..
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I felt like snoozing 22 minutes into the screening.

Definately targeted to a very "younger" audience.

Not impressed at all with the current path of "Star Wars".

Yeah i agree it's for kids. I slept through most of the movie. I woke up a few times by the LOUD battle scenes. I didn't recall hearing applause of approval by fans after the screening.
The path of Star wars is going to the Dark side :)

btw. Nice meeting you at the CGTalk dinner!

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.