PDA

View Full Version : Papervision And C4d

ArtofacksOne
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Has Anyone Worked Out A Work Flow To Use C4d With Papervision 3d?

RayDale
07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
I too am looking for the best workflow with C4D. As far as I can see you have several options (none of which are ideal):

Use Blender as a go-between (Blender can output to Collada format). The Blender community has a Papervision 3D converter somewhere which will simply output a model and textures to Actionscript 3.
Use Swift 3D (saving from C4D as a .3ds file). Swift can convert textures and models straight into Papervision 3D scenes full with camera interaction. However, it is only for PV3D version 1.5 at the moment. Also, .3ds files don't support animation when exported from C4D and Swift 3D is not capable of exporting animation yet anyway.
Another option is to use the Autodesk FBX - Collada converter (I haven't used this yet, so I don't know how this fits into workflow, but it would seem a promising option): http://www.terathon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Collada_Plugins
I have not explored using Papervision 3D that much yet (waiting for a lull in work to experiment), but from my research and from talking to others using C4D those are your options.

I am really hoping that C4D will have a decent Collada exporter next version as it is becomming an essential for interactive 3d via Flash etc.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.