PDA

View Full Version : I am so creative!

Loveless
04-24-2002, 12:22 PM
.....so I decided to make a *duh duh duh duh!* gun!

This is basically your standard pistol. I didn't model after anything. Its around 170 or so polys I think...lemme check...ah yes, 173 polygons. Made in wings3d. I should have an animation tomorrow of my gun firing bullets.....but do any of you know how to apply smoke/spark/fire things? I think I'll have him fire a clip and then the clip falls....I just feel kind of cruddy because thats all one object (the gun) so I dont think I can have part of the gun revolting back. Anyone know if I could seperate the gun into parts? Thanks. Also, I'm about 50 percent done or so. it boring as hell. I needta texture.....do any of you have any tips? Thanks guys!
- Derek

Loveless
04-24-2002, 01:41 PM
heres a flat-shaded render. I dont think it needs to be too detailed considering its going to be textures.......but.......I dunno. EDIT: I fixed the bullet exit thing so it isnt so big.....

Loveless
04-24-2002, 01:45 PM

Korgath
04-24-2002, 08:18 PM
Wings3D? Never heard of it...

What game is the model for? Add some more detail, 173 p are VERY low and a standard game could easily take about 500 p.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Loveless
04-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Oh, just for fun. I made it in about 10 minutes, this is only just my 5th model or so.

meloncully
04-25-2002, 01:20 AM
hey korgath, go to www.wings3d.com and download the erlang pack and wings, install and what do you get? nendo modeling times2! wings is nendo clone that has already surpassed nendo in many ways and is still growing. you should really check it out. And bet of all it that it is

FREE

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.