PDA

View Full Version : animation test

biglip225
07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
this is an animation test made by a friend of mine named omar labbad and he's a 2d animator actualy and this is he's first time working on maya and he asked me to upload it here and ask you for your opinion becuase he wants to travel to dubai and he wants to find out if he can break trough in the field of 3d charechter animation

thank you for your help

and here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPcnNNR1H0

Obraxis
07-26-2008, 08:24 PM
It's not bad actually - you can see he has a good sense of posing. The timing of the first jump is off a bit, as it looks like he is floating in mid air a bit as gravity isn't well represented.

The rest isn't bad though. It needs some movement in between the poses as the character is very static, but it depends on what style you're going for. The backflip is pretty nice :)

Good job.

andrewmartin
07-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Great job!

I like it. I agree that there could be some improvement in the timing/weight and bits in between poses, but it still seems to work.

It's a nice style of movement, and consistent throughout.

I'd employ him! :)

earchild
07-29-2008, 04:09 AM
I agree with the previous two posters, the biggest issues are with the weight during the moves, and the static positions in between the moves. The smallest amount of movement in the current static poses would be a big help, even if it's just some slight chest movement to show breathing, maybe a small head move. Still, it's pretty darn good for a first run in Maya. Tell your friend to keep up the good work.

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2008, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.