PDA

View Full Version : Switch nCloth from partly skinCluster driven to fully skinCluster driven

PacManiac
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I've got this nCloth that gets partly deformed by a skeleton, but I want to add in a switch so that it'll get fully driven by joints.

I'm using a per-vertex input attract map which has most verts at 1, and would prefer to be able to swap between that one and one with all verts at 1, so that it'll get fully driven by the joints.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to even create this second vertex map, or swap between them two.

If there are any other way to do it that'd be great to hear as well.

Thanks.

tpalamar
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Just a thought off the top of my head, I would attempt changing the vertex map to a painted map and then use a shading switch to toggle the weights between the two maps.

A shading switch might not do the trick but switching to a painted map will open the door to all of the utility nodes that you can easily blend attributes with.

PacManiac
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Cool - I'll give that a go.. like the simplicity of vertex maps but can just convert it.

Out of interest.. where does your vertex map get stored? I can't find it in the hypershade.. guess that's the source of the problem really. :)

tpalamar
07-24-2008, 07:03 PM
To my knowledge, vertex maps do not actually create maps. The information is stored within the vertex/geometry.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2008, 07:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.