PDA

View Full Version : Particles following an object driven by audio controller

th3ta
07-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Ok, I have a particle system that is being spawned from an object. The object has an Audio Controller in its Z position channel, so the object is bouncing up and down with the audio.

I want the particles to spawn from the moving object, but they don't move up and down with it, they just spawn from the starting point, I'm guessing because the object is being driven from an Audio controller, and there's no keyframes or anything?

Anyway around this? Like maybe baking out the movement of the object or something? Thanks.

OlegB
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Position Object operator has check-box option "Inherit Emitter Movement". Did you turn in ON ?

Thanks,
Oleg B.

th3ta
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I tried checking that. Still didn't work.

OlegB
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Another approach to try out - turn On "Lock On Emitter" option in Position Object operator, add "Age Test" to the Birth Event with Test Value = 1 and Variation = 0, and wire it to the next event.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

PsychoSilence
07-24-2008, 11:42 PM
allmighty charley helped me out with this issue once :)

it involved box3 tho!

th3ta
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
wow, Psycho, thanks for posting that!

Unfortunately, I don't have Box 3, or 1 for that matter. I was able to get it to work by using "Inherit Emitter Movement", thanks OlegB!

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.