PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Deformer Strangeness

Horganovski
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
I haven't really used the Muscle Object/Deformer yet and decided to look into it today and found the following info in the Help.

If you want to use a muscle deformer and a skin deformer in the same mesh, make sure the skin deformer comes before the muscle deformer in the hierarchy; otherwise, the muscles will act on the mesh before it has been deformed into the pose created by the joints. This can lead to unexpected results..

If you're using the muscle deformer with a mesh in a HyperNURBS object, consider putting the deformer on the HyperNURBS instead of on the mesh object itself. This is because the deformer will then deform the subdivided mesh rather than the unsubdivided mesh, allowing you to achieve much more detail and clearer definition in the muscles.

Is it just me or don't these two statements contradict each other?
How can you have the deformer on the hypernurbs but also after the skin deformer if the hypernurbs is affecting the mesh that is being affected by the skin? I don't see any options to change the priority of the muscle deformers..

Any ideas appreciated.. I haven't seen much mention of people using the muscle deformers.

Cheers,
Brian

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.