PDA

View Full Version : Old stuff rerendered...

Fritz3D
04-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Oh well, got bored and since I don't have time to model for the present, decided to rerender some old models...this one I have posted a few months ago, but now it looks better :)

Not that it is absolutely complete but I don't think it will get any better in the next few months...textures are still awful, but it looks cool anyway...:wip:

http://ilabshq.tripod.com/pz5_radio2.txt

robin
04-24-2002, 11:08 AM
yes i pretty much love this model ... i screamed and quited my job the first time i saw this guy ....

good job for the modeling, well well done

Fritz3D
04-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Umm, I'm not sure if we're clear that this is my model actually :)

On the side note, a guy told me once that there isn't really any serious modelling involved here since I mostly use modified primitives...well, sure I do start everything from a box and cylinder, but then, where is the border between professional and not so serious modelling...I've worked on a human body as well, is that the only thing that is considered serious?...what do the pros think about that?

violenza
04-24-2002, 11:47 AM
I think if you can make a model work, do what you must. For every application, every type of modeller, or model builder, there is a different way of doing things. And none of them is right or wrong. It's all in who's driving....

From a modelling standpoint, you can see the roots of this model in primitives. The edges are all ultra crisp and uniform, and the detail is minimal, except for the wheels, which look really amazing. But that's what the texturing is for, adding detail that would **KILL** to model!! :D

Keep on hammering at it, man!! It looks great! :buttrock:

Fritz3D
04-24-2002, 11:53 AM
Yea, killing the sharp edges are priority for the model...as well as much more detail, but I wonder when I'll have the time for that...

Thx for the praise anyway :)

robin
04-24-2002, 12:13 PM
ooohh i didnt say it was low-tech or anything i wanted to mention that it was overall well rounded ... its not really hard to make a tank or something similar but the general aspect of this mesh is good (IMO) even if this is only primitives and a few cuts here and there ... i like it

tell me how did you Build up the Chain gear over the wheels??

Fritz3D
04-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Hehe, that's my greatest secret, since I discovered it years ago I use it for all tanks I do, and tanks are my primary field of modelling ;)

LOL, I think I read it somewhere :p - I have a bezier spline which outlines the track and then all the elements use that bezier spline as motion path modifier. It even automatically animates itself :) though I still manually copy the objects and change their position till the track is full...I should write a script for that but I'm lazy :scream:

Btw, right now I'm fixing something on the model, if I finish soon I may post some update...though I'm supposed to draw my homework for tomorrow now :shrug:

Another sleepless night it seems...

Fritz3D
04-24-2002, 05:56 PM
....well, not too different...but the hull was a monolith box before, now it's made from different plates with a lot of bevels and stuff....only that it really doesn't seem too different...:shrug:

http://ilabshq.tripod.com/pz5_radio3.txt

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.