PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Shortcuts: Might be AE, might be Mac, might be Me

DangerousCliff
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
So, I'm switching from AE on a PC to AE on my shiny new 24" iMac at home. It's been a couple of years since I used a Mac in a production environment, so there's the requisite hair pulling when I find that the CTL and ALT keys are swapped on a Mac :) but that's an easy adjustment.

The problem I'm having is in AE, the function keys on the keyboard are mapped to the special keys for the iMac (volume, screen bright, etc.) so when I go into the keyboard preferences and click the "keyboard to default" button, it switches to a different set of Mac shortcuts, not the AE shortcuts. This is the only place I've found to change keyboard settings, and I'm getting really tired of having to work through dialogues to get to the ease to keys :) f9 is my best friend, and I miss him!

So, it's something I'm missing, Thanks in advance!

Mylenium
07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Check Exposť and the other Steve Jobs toys like Spaces. Several of these system shortcuts are assigned there.

Mylenium

vidina
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
apple->system preferences->Exposť. Bottom of the window has lots of options for this. There was another place you could choose to not use the shortcuts at all, but I can't remember where, and I've got the old keyboard anyways, which only has sound control and eject buttons.

DangerousCliff
07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys, that was the trick. default to system, then free up the keys that the system was assigned in Exposť.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.