PDA

View Full Version : Animated referenced particles

sean3dmonkey
07-21-2008, 10:31 PM
On a per particle basis, can I have every particle coming out of the emitter hit this one shape then over time it can morph into other blenshapes?

Aikiman
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
You could setup a collision event to emit a new particle shape at collision time, then maybe instance a blend shape to the new particle. Ive never tried that before but theorectically it should work. As per normal every instance will have to be identical in shader setup but you can randomise radius, velocity and rotational values.

[EDIT]
Morphing your blendshapes wont be a simple task as it will be differcult to control the timing of the morph. Your best bet would be to create a mesh for every frame of the morph and drop those into the instancer. Then you would need to write some mel to control the cycle of the sequence for insatnce...

if(particle.age>5)
$instanceCycle+=1;

sean3dmonkey
07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I love it, thanks. I'm gunna give it a try. I'm a newby to the particle expression writing. I'm gunna research that expression you sent me.

Thanks for your help. :)

Aikiman
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
No problems, try looking into instancing cycling, that should open a can of worms for you :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.