PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Walk Cycle

Monkeywrench1985
07-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Here's a walk I created using my own leg rig, I was aiming for a sneaking action so let me know if there's any ways in which it can be improved :]

http://www.getbehindmesummer.com/food_for_thought/stylised_walk_sneak.mov

Peace all!

andrewmartin
07-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Cool rig!

You've got some nice smooth movement there, but I have a couple of suggestions.

Try making the legs move faster when the foot is being lifted. So each foot comes up quite quickly, and down slowly. This will look more interesting and also when a person is sneaking, they are most concerned about the noise their feet make when they contact the ground, not when they lift them up. Show this.

I'd also try keeping the body/head tilted back more. Right now I think it's leaning too far forward after each step. Also, when a person is sneaking they tend to keep their COG as far back as possible (without making walking impossible) to allow for a quick getaway. Of course, how your character sneaks depends entirely on the situation.

Hope that helps!

flatliner684
07-23-2008, 12:13 AM
My immediate thought was that in your classic sneak, the character would stay off the ball of there feet and on there toes. hence 'tip-toeing' :).

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2008, 12:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.