PDA

View Full Version : Particles: How to split a particle cloud?

_ubiquitous_
05-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know how to split a particle cloud, say for example when a ship fly's through a cloud. I've tried different methods but seem to still get the same result. I can get the object and partcles to collide but controlling the particles afterward is my issue. I would like to have the particles flow along the colliding object as it passes through, all I seem to get is particles being thrown off into space.

Any ideas or suggestings would be greatly appreciated.

_ubiquitous_

izzylong
05-28-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, there are MANY ways one could do something like this:

You could,

- attach/group air & turbulence fields all around the boat hull to get decent interaction.
-write a script/expression working with the"closest point on surface" node to get the particles even closer.
-Use fluids.

There are many ways one could do this, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any tuts out there, so maybe someone could post one?

..or after you get it workin, YOU could post how you did it:)

Good luck!

Jozvex
05-29-2003, 06:42 AM
You could also just try turning down the particle's Conserve value to around 0.5 or lower. And the Resillience value (found in the Geo Connector section of the particles or the colliding mesh) controls the amount of bounce the particles will deflect with.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.