PDA

View Full Version : armature label text keeps changing color???

srt
07-19-2008, 09:53 PM
i have a strange problem i have been messing with for a while and cannot find an answer.

i have some armatures with label text visible. i have enabled 'use handle color' and adjusted the color to black so the label text displays as black (if there is another way to alter the text color please let me know). when i go into animate and apply any motion to any item the text color of some, not all, of my armatures changes. sometimes they turn blue, sometimes red. they have never changed to their original default color or any other color i have manually set, it is always either pure blue or pure red.

this color change also happens when changing frames. it does not matter if there is a key on the frame i move from or to.

is anyone able to offer any suggestions?

thanks

Suricate
07-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Did you attach maybe the 'AP_Slider' or 'AP_DragButton' action to your armatures? If yes, then the changing of color is caused by these actions. The colours indicate whether there are keys on the channels of the slider. A red value means that there is a keyframe on the channel of the slider. A blue value indicates that there is no keyframe, while a yellow value indicates that there is a keyframe on a channel other than the one controlled by the slider.

srt
07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
hmm, i had no idea the colors might have a meaning...the armatures do nothing but toggle visibility of other armatures. i double checked to make sure there were no other actions on the armatures.

thanks

srt
07-19-2008, 11:34 PM
wait...the armatures in question toggle the visibility of child armatures which control the arms and hands. i have a slider to fade between fk and ik for the arms. could this be related?

thanks

Suricate
07-20-2008, 09:55 AM
If you did use 'AP_Slider or 'AP_DragButton' for the slider then things might be as I explained. If not, then I don't know what the reason might be. Maybe you can post your scene here.

srt
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
nope, not using 'AP_Slider' or 'AP_DragButton' anywhere in the scene...

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.