PDA

View Full Version : animated object as object instances

TP
07-19-2008, 04:19 PM
hey guys, i wonder if there is a way to emit object instances which have inner animation to them ?

PsychoSilence
07-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Of cause there is :)

there is a checkbox that says "Animated Object" in the Shape Instance Operator that should be activated. It is even possible to synchronize the object animation to the particle emission with random offsets. Ideal for flocking of all kinds! The feature set of the shape instance will be enhenced once u bought the particle flow toolbox #3 from www.orbaz.com

kind regards,
anselm

TP
07-20-2008, 02:46 PM
hey , PsychoSilence
thanks for ur response , but i still cant seem to get it to work , i am probably doing something wrong , i set a simple pf source , than i make lets say a teapot and make an animation on it from frame 0-20 and than i go into the shape instance like you said and mark animated shape button on shape instance
and still nothing happens , it emits the teapots as object instances but it also ignores its inner animation , what am i doing wrong ?
btw: the animation offset keying is set to absolute time
( and sry for the pflow noob question )

PsychoSilence
07-20-2008, 10:35 PM
attachment:

Max9-32bit file...files say more then thousand words :)

TP
07-21-2008, 08:47 AM
mate, THANKS ALLOT :)

thethule
08-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Be warned...Max will slow down big time if you have anything other than very simple animated objects.

Marc

charleyc
08-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Just to put to words why it isn't actually animating...PFlow does not see the normal transform animation, If you want that, you need to use a XForm modifier and animate that. If you already have the animation in the transforms, you can just cut and paste it to the XForm modifer.

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2008, 04:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.