PDA

View Full Version : quick poll for august/sept challenge

twidup
07-19-2008, 12:48 AM
hey all, got a small poll up for you to vote on.

deatheater4ever
07-21-2008, 06:45 AM
I voted for the cartoony character as I like doing all this stuff.

I need a little more time to learn as to how to make muscles and stuff before I participate in realsitic body challenges. Wonder if that new Autodesk DVD for making muscles will help me ... it costs only around 2000 Rs or something around that ..... will try to get that one definately .

But the cartoony definitely suits me more nicely as far as now is concerned

twidup
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
well, because toony was in the early lead, and thats what I started looking for, thats what we are doing. will be announced next week.

BUT there will be a mecha challenge coming ;)

-todd

joshpurple
07-25-2008, 03:37 AM
...toony..., thats what we are doing.

Sounds good, Thank You Todd :beer: !

deatheater4ever
07-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks Todd,

We can follow this challenge up with a new mechanical challenge later in the coming months ..

But for now thanks for the cartoony one !! :applause: :applause:

twidup
07-28-2008, 02:47 AM
yeah, I am thinking of running the cartoon one over two challenges, one for the body and then one for the face
and then in January do a mechanical rigging challenge, something pretty big and cool

cheers
-todd

deatheater4ever
07-28-2008, 06:58 AM
So I think we might have , a full cartoony challenge that stretches over two months and then we'll have a facial rigging challenge for over 3 months .

Ok if that's how we're going I'll try and invite my collegue and conterpart who works in my office's Delhi branch to participate too.

Thanks for all the initiative , Todd.

twidup
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
mostly..

Aug/Sept is for the full body rig on teh cartoon character, oct would normally be off, but for this one, we will just move immediately into the face rig for Oct/Nov, and take Dec off some people can relax

deatheater4ever
07-29-2008, 05:17 AM
Ok I'm good with that ............. :) :) :) :thumbsup:

December is mostly Christmas .... so I guess that's right for relaxing ... :bounce:

Keithtron
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Cool, I don't know if I'll have time to do the cartoony one, but I love rigging mechanical things. Can't wait for that one!

The main reason I don't have time for the cartoony one is because I just started a staff job, and I'm just getting started on a big rig as a personal project. But the model I'm using is really cool, so I could see if the guy that did it minds it being used for this contest. Then I'd be able to get in on this for sure.
:-)

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.