PDA

View Full Version : My Fan Series Teaser: Critique Appreciated

J-Dude
07-18-2008, 05:29 AM
I hope very much one day to make a career out of 3D animation. I work in 3dsmax and have slowly built on my skills over the past 4 years, while not constant, and with much self teaching as opposed to professional training.

To keep challenging myself and practice, I've been working on a fan series based off of the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi by Bleedman. I've taken it upon myself to model, rig and animate for it, and have produced this teaser both as a personal challenge, and as a demonstration to Bleedman's fan following as to exactly what can be done in the series.

Some parts are a bit dirty. I do have regrets, even if it is just a teaser. I'd like very much to spend a day on something very short and see just how polished I can make it.

Before anyone asks, the cel shade effect is generated by Cebas' finalToon plugin. The voices are also a bit grating due to a bad microphone, so keep your volume relatively low if it bothers you.

Anyway, enjoy the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC_NwOM12Wo
http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

DevIII
07-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Wow that was really ambitious, good job. Ok hereís some ways you shine it up.

I calculated 3:10 seconds of credits (20 opening, and 2:40 closing) in a 5:40 second clip you shouldn't let your credits be longer than your work. And if you employ a monstrous credit sequence I should definitely know where the sound track came from. Was it original or from a television?

The environment, seems too flat compared to the characters consider adding some more shade steps or details to it.

The characters have stiff wrists and faces if you morphing the face consider adjusting the cheeks and add blinking? I donít recall seeing anything blink.

The white ones hair goes through her body a lot. A quick fix for stuff like that is just adding a simple bone chain, to subtly control it.

Some of the motions are choppy you will know where to spend time on the motion watch it again with a skeptical eye, try not to let body parts stop even if they aren't moving (don't double keys)

Have fun.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2008, 02:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.