PDA

View Full Version : Darktree 2

merlin9876
04-24-2002, 07:36 AM
As anyone used this? It looks real nice and an altenative to always try and find/buy textures or painstainkingly make them in Photoshop. Any experience with it? I wish they'd do a plugin for XSI though...

http://www.darksim.com/

Omita
04-25-2002, 07:57 PM
I do almost all my texturing using a mixture of Dark Tree 2, DeepPaint3d 2 and Photoshop. I use Painter for painting concept work sometimes.

Dark Tree is great in Lightwave because you can use Weight maps to blend in-between procedural textures. I personally do a lot of game modeling and Dark tree is great for making dirt and other gritty stuff. I will make a pass on an object covering the entire object in dirt... or moss. Then take the Baked UV maps and paint alpha layers in Photoshop. That way I can paint moss or dirt on my clean texture map.

I might make a tutorial...

Also... Dark Tree is cool. But programs like Maya have a pretty tight Procedural texture system build in.

-Hays

merlin9876
04-26-2002, 01:26 AM
cool, I'll look into it... I hope it works well with XSI. I know there are bridge plugins for some 3d apps but not XSI. I'll have to experiment (as with anything 3d related, I guess!)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.