PDA

View Full Version : nCloth set passive keys ?

ranxx
07-17-2008, 11:43 PM
hey all, I would like to use nCloth for a rigid body sim I am working on. Is there a way to have the simulation pick up from a hand animation ? I'm looking for something like the "set active key/set passive key" for standard rigid bodies here.

thanks

-ranxx

Aikiman
07-17-2008, 11:51 PM
yep, you got the isDynamic attribute you can key on or off in the channel editor for the nCloth or you can use the start frame on the nucleus node itself.

ranxx
07-18-2008, 12:48 AM
how does that work exactly ? I have a hand animated piece, then I make it nCloth, if I turn off "isDynamic", it doesn't pick up the original animation.

-ranxx

yep, you got the isDynamic attribute you can key on or off in the channel editor for the nCloth or you can use the start frame on the nucleus node itself.

ranxx
07-18-2008, 12:52 AM
ok, it seems if I connect the original animation to the object which is created when I make it an nCloth object it works pretty much. I guess I need to script a way to get the impulse velocity right at the time it switches over to dynamics.

thanks

-ranxx

Aikiman
07-18-2008, 12:55 AM
try using the start frame on the nucleus solver first, that should work.

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2008, 12:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.