PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to make this fire/flame effects?

AphelionX
07-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Watch the first 20 seconds of this trailer,
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11529.html

I would like to make something like that flame/fire on his blade, I think it could be done using nCloth like making the Plasma ball. But anybody has the tutorial for it?

Thanks for reading

Wick3dParticle
07-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey ApheLionX,

You may want to take a look at the following:
hardware particles, multistreaks, color accum, colorPP-ramp, turbulance, motion blur, multiPass rendering...That should get you started with the hardware particles approach.

Good Luck!

Ilan

AphelionX
07-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Omg I have no idea what are those...
I'll go google them, thanks.

Wick3dParticle
07-18-2008, 05:39 AM
Sorry Dude... you mentioned using Ncloth, and I assumed you knew more about maya dynamics. So...let me try and be more helpful:

Create a particle system.
Make the particle type Multistreak (in the ParticleShape's Attributes)
Click the color Acum option - you can see it when you click on the "Current Render Type" box.
Add a colorPP at the bottom of the Particle's attributes.
Create a ramp for it by right clicking and selecting the ramp option.
Add some forces ( gravity , turbulance, etc.).
In the render settings choose hardware rendering.
Give it some motion blur.
Add multiPasses...if you are using the Hardware render Buffer, Or sampling in the Render options.

Hope that helps you now :)

~Ilan

Aikiman
07-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Better still, you can use one of the fluid flame presets and emit fluid from an animted object such as a sword.

AphelionX
07-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Oh haha i see... thanks for the guide, i'll try them later, got to go school now.

AphelionX
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry Dude... you mentioned using Ncloth, and I assumed you knew more about maya dynamics. So...let me try and be more helpful:

Create a particle system.
Make the particle type Multistreak (in the ParticleShape's Attributes)
Click the color Acum option - you can see it when you click on the "Current Render Type" box.
Add a colorPP at the bottom of the Particle's attributes.
Create a ramp for it by right clicking and selecting the ramp option.
Add some forces ( gravity , turbulance, etc.).
In the render settings choose hardware rendering.
Give it some motion blur.
Add multiPasses...if you are using the Hardware render Buffer, Or sampling in the Render options.

Hope that helps you now :)

~Ilan
Thanks for the guide mate, I've managed to create a simple fire effect, although it not really what I wanted, but it's a good start :) thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.