PDA

View Full Version : My recent Demo Clip, Please tell me what you think of it.

vikramvarma
07-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, though i have been animating professionally for 3 years now.
This is a dialogue from " Horton Hears a Who " and has the voice of Jim Carrey!!

I loved the challenge of animating a Single character as 2 different persons, and how the dialogue intensifies into a fight. The original scene in the movie was done by lead character Horton (elephant), so i thought a human character should use his fingers also for better communication.

So loved the challenge and hope i did well.

I would really appreciate your views on the work. Thanks a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVyHztjv3E

PhilLanoix
07-17-2008, 06:28 AM
I like it, it looks great. A couple tiny fixes on the lip sync might help though. Some of the "F" mouths look like they could be pushed more, and near the end on "you want some of this?" The sync is a little off. I love the acting alot, especially the transition from casual to angry. Cheers.

vikramvarma
07-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks Phil, Glad you liked the animation. As you have noticed, I was concentrating more on the " Variation in Attitude " in the character and it turned out just fine.

About the lip sync, yeah i know, its a bit off here and there, actually this is the first file that i have done Lip sync myself. I work in a company which specializes in TV Animated series of many episodes, so there is a separate department for doing just that, Lip sync !!. and we just ahve to import it onto the rigs, So i neglected that part of animation till date.

Also this being a really fast dialogue, i could not get it to that spot, i guess.

Hope to better next time!! Cheers!!!

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2008, 06:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.