PDA

View Full Version : Terradin: The Crossing....a photoshop concept skectch for a story I'm working on

Philipstraub
05-27-2003, 07:40 PM
http://www.philipstraub.com/assets/Concepts/terradin_thecrossing_large.jpg

ME3D
05-27-2003, 07:45 PM
I have a passion for the city. The architecture here is great. Nice work. Keep it up

ME3D
05-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Looking further I'd have to suggest more variety in the building types. The tower for each building is repititous. Good start

Dancing Monkey
05-27-2003, 08:00 PM
I love the style of it all... kinda... not futureistic, but it kinda is... kinda confusing, yeah... I love it!

MakoHaze
05-28-2003, 01:42 AM
Yea, Dancing Monkey I know what you mean. Kinda reminds me of what they thought "futuristic" things would look like 5, 6 decades ago. Love it though. Great style. The spires do get a little repetitious, but it's still great overall. Very clean work.

cleptocat
05-28-2003, 02:59 AM
now thats clean....nice work

mattregnier
05-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Wow how did I miss this??? Rarely do I click on a thread and see a pic that just makes me go, "wow..." This is really great. Good composition, and unbelievable that it is in just B&W. The details in the buildings/architecture is amazing. I would like to see the mechanical ships/birds? a little closer up.

Philipstraub
05-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks all for your feedback on this piece. I do have a close-up of the ships in progress and will post them as soon as possible. There are other locations from this story that are in somewhat the same vein that I'll post as well.
As far as the repetition of some of the similiar shapes..I agree, they are a bit of a cop-out...however this piece was so time consuming that I guess I cheated a bit to get it done. Someday I'll add more variables, maybe when I get the courage to finally paint it. Thanks again guys.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.