PDA

View Full Version : walk cycle animation- another effort

gunjannamdeo
07-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey friends
here i have done again walk practice . so just leave ur valuable comments and feedback on my work.

I have mixed both side and front but due to the videos compression quality goes down thats y i have putup both separately.

Side view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqLqxhm6I24
Front View
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p0JMhgiB5Y

DevIII
07-15-2008, 10:04 AM
hey,
first off this is a common issue but check your secondary motions. when ever you think your done/redy for crit or render check for secondary motions.

as a general rule The further from the gound something is the looser you can get don't be afraid of elbow bounces and wrist motion and never forget about fingers!

I see you were playing with the weight of the shoes, which is nice to see a heavy foot, but you need to get abit of toe bending going on, and I think the rigs knees are bowing out funny when he steps down, but the angles making it hard to tell.

check for double keys in the step. theres is a slight hesitation in the steps that could be a curve issue or extra keys.

lastly the head has way to much action and is probably out of phase.

when we get an update consider a 3/4(more to the side than the front) veiw it will be easier to see whats going on.

JesseGraffam
07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
One thing I noticed from the front view is that the character has no instep. While some people walk like cowboys, most of us step in front of the other foot to some degree. Are you using any video reference? Try and find/create some of people walking toward you, and side view. The head needs less rotation, as most of us focus on where we'll be in 10 seconds. Right now it looks as if the leg muscles are hooked up to his head somehow.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.