PDA

View Full Version : Real Fast Smoke-Hypervoxels

Inferno_SPK
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Anyone tell me how to do real fast smoke it needs to go around a person and over the height of the person who is about 5'5" just a real quick smoke for a ski video any ideas?

wgreenlee1
05-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Sprites.:thumbsup:

HowardM
05-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Hypervoxels and ParticleFX....make an emitter, add a wind, play with it...and you can get a good swirl...then play with HVs...theres plenty of presets for you to start off with...
how do you want to do it? comp it with video? is your person green screened or anything? ...is there a 3D person?
youll have to do some sort of trickery!:)

Inferno_SPK
05-27-2003, 04:50 PM
He is green screened and will probablly be thrown in with it, right now i have HV's growing with a camera fly around and kinda through looks sorta like smoke it might work, but the wind idea sounds more like a keeper it depends what the video editor wants it to look like i guess but thanks i can play with it.

HowardM
05-27-2003, 05:03 PM
...or you could use Wind Path and just spiral an emitter around a clip mapped poly with the video of him on it, so you can do it all in 3D...
but yeah depends on the type of smoke...for a ski vid? so do you mean powder or puffs of smoke? or a trail of smoke like a cigarette?

-Louie dog rules!
:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.