PDA

View Full Version : Pflow spawn on instanced particle object

thinkpozzitive
07-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Hy,
Is there any way (scripting even) to spawn or make a birth of particles on the surface of instanced particle geometry??
Thank you.

MarinPetkov
07-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Can You be more concret? You can emit from instanced object by selecting Position Object in Your FIrst event as emitter based on a surface / volume etc

thinkpozzitive
07-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Can You be more concret? You can emit from instanced object by selecting Position Object in Your FIrst event as emitter based on a surface / volume etc

So...you have a plane, on that plane you have a birth of particles over the surface (in this case the particles are instancing rock type geometry). So you have rock spread on the plane surface. Now, what I want is to be able to spawn particles on the surface of the rocks (the instanced partile geometry) that stick to that surface (rock). I hope the explanation is a bit more clear.

MarinPetkov
07-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Well, with script will be more acuratly achieved . You can check Bobo's stuff @ http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/

But, Try this too:

[I]. In your first event ( the birth event // position object // shape instance ) You can try do add :
1. Collision Spawn with deflector where by colliding your rocks will spawn new particles, but be sure to unenable the Delete Parent in Collision Spawn Properties
2. Spawn ( unenable Delete Parent if you don't use spawn by rate or seconds )

when You add this Tests, Try Speed by Surface .. It depends too what kind of motion You have in your scene.. if your rocks moves.. then use in the second event Speed operator with Direction settings : Inherit Previous

[II]. Secondly You can make second PFLOW(2) where the particles sits on the PFLOW(1) and based on your scene idea..

I hope this stuff helps You, when Not I try to think more options!

Greetz!

Bobo
07-14-2008, 05:52 AM
So...you have a plane, on that plane you have a birth of particles over the surface (in this case the particles are instancing rock type geometry). So you have rock spread on the plane surface. Now, what I want is to be able to spawn particles on the surface of the rocks (the instanced partile geometry) that stick to that surface (rock). I hope the explanation is a bit more clear.

You have several options here:

*Create a Mesher compound from the rocks PFlow and select the Mesher in Position Object operator of a second PFlow as emitter.
*Use the script that I posted on CGTalk a couple of months ago for baking PFlows to single objects (including animation, birth and death support) and emit from the baked objects
*Use any other PFlow baking script you can find online.

thinkpozzitive
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
You have several options here:

*Create a Mesher compound from the rocks PFlow and select the Mesher in Position Object operator of a second PFlow as emitter.
*Use the script that I posted on CGTalk a couple of months ago for baking PFlows to single objects (including animation, birth and death support) and emit from the baked objects
*Use any other PFlow baking script you can find online.

Thank you bobo. The mesher compound is the way to go.
Now, in terms of shading, if you have particles going into an event where you need a procedural shader to "play" it's animation , how do you offset the animation keys so that it begins exactly at that stage in time.
To make it simpler: u have a blend that does the blending via a mask beginning from frame 0 to 50. My particle, or particles hit the event i'm instrested in somewhere between frame 35 and 65. Now what i'm looking for is the shader for each individual particle that enters the event to have the animation interval offseted to that particular time. So if a particle enters at frame 40, the shader and it's keyframes now start at frame 40 and ends at 90. And this has to happen for every particle in the event.
Fi you have the time or know the basic aproach to this , please let me know, cause i've been having trouble getting my head around this.
Thank you.

f3derico
09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm also looking for other script to bake particle flow, so where I can found? and where is BOBO's script?

Bobo
09-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm also looking for other script to bake particle flow, so where I can found? and where is BOBO's script?

http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs2009/pf2mrproxy/BakePFlowToObjects.zip

Initially, it was requested by Master Zap and written mainly to bake particles to mrProxies in Max 2009, but then I added the option to bake the original geometry of the particles, or any other object you might want to instance. So you can use it to instance and move lights, cameras, helpers, whatever you want.
It supports birth and death of particles via visibility keys - the baked objects exist throughout the whole animation, but are unhidden and hidden as the particles are born and killed. (This does not apply to lights - the on/off switch of lights is not being set correctly yet).

f3derico
09-19-2008, 03:14 PM
great!!! thanks a lot

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2008, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.