PDA

View Full Version : barnyard rigs...

bujin9
07-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Hi all,
I've went thru ( and searched ) all the posts as I can see it....but I'm still looking for animal rigs.
I need to rig and animate a couple of barnyard animals (cows, pigs, chickens...) and I could use help on the 4 legged creatures....I assume I could just use some bones setup for the two legged type (chickens, ducks).
I've used biped a lot and started doing the rig tutorial on the max disk but (unless I havent reached it yet) I'm really looking for an animal rig I can use.
Anyways, if anyone knows where I could buy a tutorial DVD on animal rigs or has one or ....etc...etc...
let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

bujin9
07-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Also....if I finish the rigging / boning tut's on max's cd, should that be enough to have me rig / bone an animal and be sufficient. The animals don't have any crazy animation like talking or dancing...just basic animal movement and even minimal walking.

Scott Ayers
07-13-2008, 05:32 PM
For me rigging is rigging.
Once you understand the basics. It doesn't matter what it is you want to rig. The same rules apply.

But this is a very handy Plug-in that can help speed up the process a lot:
http://www.ideateinc.com/products/multimedia/plugins/cat.html

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2008, 05:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.