PDA

View Full Version : color lab ???

canderled
05-27-2003, 08:53 AM
hi!

i've been using photoshop for years now but i still don't know what is or when you have to use color lab.:shrug:
I work with rvb and cmyk every days but i never used color lab and there isn't much stuff in the help files.
it would be great if someone could explain me what is it useful for,when you use it, the advantages ...

thank's:)

singularity2006
05-27-2003, 05:58 PM
color lab? I'm not familiar with that term. Yes, please enlighten me ...

Racer
05-27-2003, 10:28 PM
To the best of my knowledge, its a system used for making colors. For example, if you made a color wheel and then added a 3rd dimention to it with brighter as you went up and lower as you went down, that would be a color system. LAB color is just another system for determining color on monitors. Was the result of light/color studies and is supposed to be a really good system. I haven't spent much time looking at it.

I could be very wrong about this, please correct me if you know better. That's just what I remember from my video compositing class.

Google search description:

LAB mode is unique from other modes like RGB or CMYK in that it separates the lightness/darkness values of the image from the color values.

galactor
05-29-2003, 12:01 PM
The LAB colorspace is designed to improve the appearence of colors. The human eye is more sensitive to color changes in some part of the color spectrum then others. Models that take these nonlinearities of color perception into acount are called perceptual color spaces. This allows you to create visually smooth gradations and transitions in color.

:: Galactor ::

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.