PDA

View Full Version : Photophora

cathode
04-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Just a little personal project, a "mech tree" in essense.
http://www.ianlabs.com/3d/images/photophora-01.jpg

telecaustic
04-24-2002, 12:53 AM
This looks really cool. I actually really dig the idea of a "Mech Tree", very creative.

cathode
04-24-2002, 01:13 AM
Thanks- In my mind the gathering of energy from the sun via solar cells is very much like photosynthesis. I envision these mechtrees folding into the ground during bad weather or something.

Henrik Hörlin
04-24-2002, 01:25 AM
I totally agree with telecaustic! Very cool indeed!
Make more! Maybe you culd do a book on mech-plants for... uhhhh.... mechologists?
Maybe they culd be taken care of by a biological caretaker... just to bring some irony in to it. :p

cathode
04-24-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Henrik Hörlin
I totally agree with telecaustic! Very cool indeed!
Make more! Maybe you culd do a book on mech-plants for... uhhhh.... mechologists?
Maybe they culd be taken care of by a biological caretaker... just to bring some irony in to it. :p

yeah, some wizend old man with a watering (oil?) can :p

slaughters
04-24-2002, 03:44 AM
How about a high tech child with wings or a hover belt who flies from tower to tower, transfering AI RAM chips (containing optimal light gathering techniques) from one tree to the other ?

In effect, "pollinating" them.

cathode
04-24-2002, 05:15 AM
i like that idea!

jrockstar
04-24-2002, 10:33 AM
I like the concept :)

(I like you’re signature too ... hoping it was meant to be absurd hehehe :D )

cathode
04-24-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jrockstar
I like the concept :)

(I like you’re signature too ... hoping it was meant to be absurd hehehe :D ) thanks!

copy the text of my sig, paste it into google. you'll find one of the most absurd webpages on the net :)

henry
04-24-2002, 07:15 PM
oooh i love your sky a lot, it looks so cool and the whole thing is just plain nice :):bounce: :bounce:

igor popovic
04-28-2002, 11:29 PM
overall nice image and design...the sky truly brings out a certain mood :scream: to the whole thing. one crit though, i think those low floating clouds ruin the entire picture. their sharp edges...or maybe they're just suppose to be like that, personally i think that picture would rule without the litle sharp clouds:surprised:

cathode
04-29-2002, 05:07 AM
I totally agree about those clouds... It was a flamigo experiment. Should I lose them completely?

igor popovic
04-30-2002, 09:03 AM
I personally would rid the picture of the clouds, unless...if you can soften them up, basically just try and make them fit into the pic, they stand out too much. Just my opinion, the picture still kicks ass!:drumrock:

Mr. Brown
04-30-2002, 09:07 AM
copy the text of my sig, paste it into google. you'll find one of the most absurd webpages on the net

http://www.realultimatepower.net/ :buttrock:

FBMachine
04-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Cool pic! Definetly has some style. About that ninja page.... "The ninja's boner smashes the entire restaurant. Every single one of the pirate's boners explodes while making a whistling sound."
:D
It's so childish, but I friggen choked when I read that!
Dan

Adam Klein
04-30-2002, 03:11 PM
very schweet idea! the pic looks great, how about some more realistic clouds, with that lighting they'd look great

ak

slaughters
04-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by cathode
I totally agree about those clouds... It was a flamigo experiment. Should I lose them completely?
I like the clouds. They give the whole image a non-computer graphics feel and remind me of water color painting techniques. The non-cgi feel has more impact given that the subject matter is techno-mechanical trees.

Henrik Hörlin
04-30-2002, 06:19 PM
I like the clouds as well. Keep em´ just do more of them!!

BTW- went to your homepage and I got the wallpaper for this very picture... well... the blue one.
Now if that´s not a complement I don´t know what is.:surprised

Make More!

cathode
04-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by FBMachine
Cool pic! Definetly has some style. About that ninja page.... "The ninja's boner smashes the entire restaurant. Every single one of the pirate's boners explodes while making a whistling sound."
:D
It's so childish, but I friggen choked when I read that!
Dan

Yeah me too! it's like a male teen's mind epitomized! :insane:

cathode
04-30-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Henrik Hörlin
I like the clouds as well. Keep em´ just do more of them!!

BTW- went to your homepage and I got the wallpaper for this very picture... well... the blue one.
Now if that´s not a complement I don´t know what is.:surprised

Make More!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.