PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: Tear-Off (Duplicate) Windows/ Dual Monitors

Julez4001
07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey PMG, is it possible to get tear-off windows or Duplicate Windows to facilitate folks who have dual monitors?

Since Messiah is openGl, I know that might be feasible but howabout have extra windows like the dopemaster, comp[ose, material surfaces, etc being external windows.

Ulven
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I think that's a good idea. As long as it remains as well organised as it is currently. In lightwave, I always end up feeling like I don't have enough room for all the various windows that all pop up and cover my workspace even on dual monitors. I really like having the graph editor there right under the workspace when I'm animating, and the way it all hides away when I want it to. Let's me keep the focus on what I'm doing, while maintaining a general overview.
The render tab is where I would see it as most useful, because the blocks there tend to end up covering eachother up a bit.

kursad_pileksuz
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I personally think that best way to ask for a feature request is to write to Pmg directly. Because cgtalk forums are not formal places.

On the otherhand with current interface structure it would be impossible to have floating menus. As far as I know whole idea behind messiah was having no floating windows, kind of like blender in that sense.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.