PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure out what's wrong with this head

JaredTaylor
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi,
I'm having trouble with the head I made, I can't get the cheek area to look right. Is my topology wrong?

http://i33.tinypic.com/54yhs1.jpg

Thanks.

Hellgaurdian
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
hey.. i dont think thr is any problem wit the mesh flow.. i think u need to shape it a little better thats it... move vertices or sculpt.. its up to u..

JaredTaylor
07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the response, I'm worried about this connection here:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2wbs1hu.jpg

I have tried to sculpt and/or move them around but I can NEVER get it right - possibly due to the effect of the highlighted edge. The way it influences the mesh seems to cause unwanted indents. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong - I am a newbie after all.

gobley
08-10-2008, 06:01 AM
The eyes are set in too far, and too far apart. The nose is far to small. The chin and lower face is too small. The brow is not pronounced enough. That's why your model looks like a space child.

colruno
08-13-2008, 03:18 AM
Pick up an anatomy book and start reading about the face. A lot of Andrew Loomis books are online for download if you google it.

Just some things off the top of my head:
-eyes are improper shape
-bridge of the nose is missing
-mouth comes back further into the face
-not much definition of the cheek bones / muscles

The edge you have highlighted is a 5 point caused by edgeloops that stop running along each other. Overall your edge flow is great for a beginning modeler and you have the technical side down pretty well but the artistic side of studying the face needs to be applied. Great beginning attempt and after a few hours of reading / playing with the mesh should result in a pretty good face.

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2008, 03:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.