PDA

View Full Version : VAMP - How does it work?

okazaky
07-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I often have to deal with weightmaps und uvw's and was searching for a possibility to transfer maps (especially weightmaps) from one object to another.

So I read about Mocca's VAMP tool and played around with the demo version of 10.5 to understand how VAMP works and what it can do.

But I don't really get how it works and how you've to setup it, to , for example, transfer weightmaps from one object to antother.

Are there any helpful tutorials that help to understand VAMP?
In the helpfiles there are some explanations but there's not really a little workflow guide or something similar included :(

Best regards,
okazaky

kattkieru
07-05-2008, 07:02 PM
I just tried this yesterday with decent results. In my case, I had to use it to swap out an older version of a character model for the latest version.

Basically you just put the two meshes in relatively the same position, load them into the VAMP UI, select what you want transferred, and hit the button. The defaults are sane and work just fine. I haven't yet tried transferring between wildly different characters, but for similarly-shaped ones nothing could be simpler.

LucentDreams
07-05-2008, 09:40 PM
the R10 tutorial disc has a section on using vamp to transfer weights.

Its a projection based system so you need to choose a source and target. Its usually best to line them up, especially if you want to project using nearest surface or normals, so that the models are basically one covering the other.

okazaky
07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Thank you guys.
I totally forgot about the tutorial DVD's :blush:

Best regards,
okazaky

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.