PDA

View Full Version : electricity with lightwave ?

JONO
05-26-2003, 10:06 AM
hi. i am working on a scene sort of like the opening for fightclub. i am flying a camera through some cranial type cavaties and i want to animate electricity firing off from neurons etc.

what is the easiest way to do thid. currently i am making an electricity layer by using the same model with an animated procedural texture set to high luminosity.

is ther a better way. i want to create random arcs and striking electricity - i guess for that ill have to custom model each bolt !?!

joconnell
05-26-2003, 04:26 PM
In 3dsmax you can do this by making renderable splines (basically thin cylinders) and adding a noise modifier onto with animated settings - then you asign a blue material and whack on a glow. make the cylinder visible for a few frames every few seconds and you should be fine.

JONO
05-27-2003, 09:39 AM
yeah, thats cool. lightwave just included animated splines for layout in their latest updat - 7c.

now i just gottta see if i can add a noise channel to that !

marci2001
05-30-2003, 04:55 PM
AE advanced lightning!

you can animate the endpoints of the lightnings

lightning too enlights your scene, compose images of your scene with your original sequence rendered with blue lights (don't forget shadows)

M

BoulYaBase
06-06-2003, 04:00 AM
I just used FI's XY Drift LW plug-in for a client animation that needed lightning interaction with some objects and it worked very well. Easy to use and it's free, too!

http://www.infoseek.livedoor.com/~f_ichikawa/

Also, IFW2 Textures for LW has an animated lightning shader. It's not free, but if you like working with procedurals, it's a no brainer investment -- it comes with a mother lode of useful procedural textures and shaders.

http://www.shaders.org

:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.