PDA

View Full Version : Any Flash Artist/Programmer Wanna Collaborate on a Free Game?

DigiLusionist
05-26-2003, 01:07 AM
I've designed some science fiction and super hero card games and am looking to hook up with someone who knows how to do Flash well enough to create on-line versions of them for fun.

Any one interested? Once the gameplay is created, I was going to see if 3D artists around the world would be interested in showing their art of in the card art panels.

uberslayer™
05-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Don't really have heaps of spare time but I might be able to help somewhere along the line.

DigiLusionist
05-28-2003, 12:33 AM
:bounce: Uber, that would be appreciated.

Can I e-mail you some sample card layouts I designed with placeholder art? I can't get the site to let me post images or submit a .zip file.

Petrik
05-28-2003, 02:47 AM
I would be interested in helping out. Also would be interested in showing of my 3D artwork.

Currently doing a multimedia course so this would fit in nicely.

DigiLusionist
05-28-2003, 06:12 AM
That would be great, Petrik! Welcome aboard.

The name of the sci fi card game is, CyberPsi. It's a blend of Mission Impossible / Blade Runner /

I envision it as an online card game with a Flash interface and .jpg images done by 3D artists from around the world who want to lend us the use of their images on the card panels.

I will allocate part of my web site to hosting the game, and the inital version would be playable for free. Contributing artists would get acknowledgment for their art and a link to their sites.

I've designed the gameplay and the card layouts, but I need help in getting the game implemented as a Flash game. I envision this as a Server-Client type of game, though it would work as a Client-Client game, as well.

The interface would be Flash, with 3D characters in Idle stances converted to Shockwave 3D files within a part of the interface. The jpg stills done by contributing artists would float in other parts of the interface. Obviously, players would need to download the jpg images in the background during gameplay.

Like I said in an earlier post, I want to show some card layouts on this thread, but the site days my posts exceed the allotted file size. But even a single 56k jpg image was deemed too large.

I'll e-mail you guys some of the card layout samples. If you could, try to post them on this thread as a reply post. It may work for you.

DigiLusionist
05-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Actually, I should ask: What genre are you guys interested in working in? Sci Fi or Super Hero?

DigiLusionist
05-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Refer to the Team Collaboration thread that covers this subject for sample images of card layouts and for further communications.

paulogm
05-30-2003, 02:48 PM
please, post the cards...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

paulogm
05-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Superhero...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

DigiLusionist
05-31-2003, 02:21 AM
This is a black and white superhero image from the Heroes & Villains game...

DigiLusionist
05-31-2003, 02:23 AM
Here's another...

DigiLusionist
05-31-2003, 02:26 AM
And a third...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.