PDA

View Full Version : ncloth with vertex painted input attract

colagor
07-03-2008, 04:17 AM
I have a skinned character that i have extracted pieces out of, nClothed and vertex painted input attract on, so that pieces will fall off of it and remain static on the ground behind it as it walks, only problem is that even with input attract paint of 0 the pieces still eventually follow the mesh. any tips or work arounds for this?

Duncan
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
If you did something like create a tearable constraint then painting on the outputMesh will not correctly match the true vertices. Display the input mesh when painting inputAttract to make sure you are getting the correct vertices. Also make sure that your vertices have exactly zero for inputAttract (if you are not painting with opacity = 1 and a solid brush then the vertex value may differ from the paint value). Input Attract is strong, so that even a tiny non-zero value will be very noticable when the input mesh is far away from the current position.

Duncan

colagor
07-08-2008, 12:54 AM
hey thanks for your time, yeah it was just that i was painting the output mesh, it seems to be working fine now.

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2008, 12:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.