PDA

View Full Version : Evenly Distributed Particles From Emitter

Oeverlie
07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi guys,
I'm sending a burst of particles (they're all emitted on one frame) and want the particles to be evenly distributed (I'm using the Position Icon, and its set to volume). Now I'm just hitting the "new seed" button 'til i get a result thats close enough. Any ideas?

wigal
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
what sort of distribution are you looking for? u could emit from an object.. with emission set to vertices...

CapitanRed
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
a volumetric distribution is pretty hard I think. don't know if there's a simple way with the operators given (but I never have tried ;)). maybe the keep appart operator...

or maybe a script that checks distances between particles, and then replaces them. but then they'll maybe get near to another particle which is allready tested...phu!
or you create particles with a birthscript in a cubical or spherical way rising from meshs center, so all your particles have the same distance from each other. and then when particles are outside the mesh you delete them.

charleyc
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM
If you emit from an object (make it the size of your icon if need be) and use the Position Object Op. It has an option called Separation. It can get you a lot more even distribution and avoid double ups at the same location.

CapitanRed
07-02-2008, 06:21 PM
lol..oh yea...I forgot that there was the separation option :D

Oeverlie
07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
thanks guys! lotsa useful tips.
Ended up using a spline, that i set as a mesh and emitted the particles from the vertex positions.
cheers

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.