PDA

View Full Version : Particle Question

andersh2404
05-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Just a quick question for Combustion that probably has an easy answer but im having trouble with it. I havnt worked with particles a lot in Combustion so im looking for some help. I am trying to get a simple poof of smoke to last about 5 seconds in a shot. Im using the shoot smoke particle. The problem is I cant find how to change the length of it. I thought it was the life but that just changes the life of each particle as it emmits more. I want it to emmit for about 5 seconds then stop and have the smoke fade away. If i adjust the length on the timeline the particle just cuts off. Any help woule be great.

Chris
05-25-2003, 10:14 PM
look for 'amount' or something like that in the particle controls- its basically how many particles are gonna be shooting out of the emitter at that frame. change it to 0 & no more particles will come out (although particles that have already appeared will live out their lives as useful members of particle society)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.