PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Fume and particle source

RedXR
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

I had a small question regarding Fumefx using only certain particle events. I'm trying to create dust for a running horse. My setup is pretty straight forward,

1.Particles are emitted on a plane at frame -30 (for trail)
2. Deflectors are attached to the horses feet and are in a collision spawn
3. Everytime they hit said particles, the birthed particles get sent to a new event with a wind force.

Everything for the most part works like I want it to except I don't know how to tell Fume to ignore the birth event (it sims the particles on the plane) and only sim for the last event (wind force event). I'm hoping Fume's like Krakatoa in the sense that you can choose which pf events to use. I've attached an image of my PF setup (with a marking of which event I'd like to include in Fume)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/Red_Plague/FumeQ.jpg?t=1214952151

SoLiTuDe
07-02-2008, 12:17 AM
By default, fume doesn't have a way to separate particle events. If you have afterburn you can use the pflow-aburn operator, and select the pflow-aburn object as your particle source. I'm sure they have an operator for fume that works, maybe try emailing afterworks / sitni sati and see if they can give you copy of the operator.

RedXR
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks a ton mate. I'll drop the good folks at sitni an e-mail.

holycause
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
i'm not sure, but i think they add this operator in FFX1.1

RedXR
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm using 1.1 but I don't see it in the operator depot...:shrug:

decapitator
07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
You could also do a workaround with shaped particles and a mesher/object source I gues.

RedXR
07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the tip man. I'll have to give it a shot sometime. After contacting the guys at sitni and getting no reply, I kinda decided to use Krakatoa which worked wonderfully.

PsychoSilence
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah PFowAB only ships with AB which is kinda annoying if u only have fumefx :( If u install fume or AB vice versa it should check if this operator sits in the depot already and install it along with the plugin if not... :(

SoLiTuDe
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM
...i wonder if the operator work with just the aburn demo

PsychoSilence
07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
they should have it as a freebie download when ur registered as legal buyer...maybe over TS destribution too.

pretty much like the pflow freebie stuff.

RedXR
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
They really should. After waiting about 3 weeks with no reply, I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever get that operator unless we buy AB :(

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.