PDA

View Full Version : a question about curves

CVET
07-01-2008, 08:58 PM
i'm just a beginner with maya and i'm working on a logotype for a friend which is a medallion and has an encription on it (that's the idea anyway). I curved out the encription on the surface of the nurb sphere and i'm wondering if there's any way i can either pull out the curves or push them insinde the "medallion". having said that i'm also askin how can i make the curves into a hierarchy? thanks in advance!

CVET

Wick3dParticle
07-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Hi Cvet,

You can do that using different boolean and trim techniques. I think a good way to learn those tools is one of the many car rim tutorials.
A quick search on google brought me to this page: http://www.carbodydesign.com/tutorials/car-wheels-parts-3d-modeling-tutorials.php?pageNum_RsResources=0

I dont know if those are maya specific, but you will get the idea. If not, just look for a maya nurbs rim tutorial. Also look at the nurbs tools like fillets, booleans, trim. Read about them in the docs.

Best of luck,

~Ilan

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2008, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.