PDA

View Full Version : Animated Fire On Spider Web

Tzarm
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I am semi-familiar with PFlow but I am stuck now. I am a long time lurker here learning so much information its just rediculous. So visuslizing what I want...a spider web, but one side of the web catches on fire and spreads to the rest of the web. I can think of a few ways to get this using PArray and some animated slice planes, but that wouldn't look as real as the fire spreading throughout the geometry and then dissaprearing. I have tried to use PFlow for this as well, although i can't seem to get a good fire look from PFlow and I can with Parray, although if anyone knows how to achieve a good fire effect with PFlow let me know please. I am using default max 2008 with no plugin's so this is just raw max. Thanks guys and hope to hear from you masters in a bit.

depleteD
07-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Drive it by a gradient map. Birth at a rate and then only emit on the white points

Glacierise
07-04-2008, 03:13 PM
You can do it with a deflector in PFlow too. Just add a collision test and a moving deflector, to send the particles to a new event in which they spawn and a force is moving them upwards. On a fire with pflow - http://www.allanmckay.com/tut/pflow_fire.avi - a great tut by Allan Mckay.

steveskittles
03-26-2009, 02:57 AM
hey guys i was doing this awesome tutorial and everything seems fine except and i add motion blur like it says in the video nothing happens after i render, not blur is visable at all. any ideas? im using max 2009 with v-ray maybe somethings up there?

3DMadness
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
hey guys i was doing this awesome tutorial and everything seems fine except and i add motion blur like it says in the video nothing happens after i render, not blur is visable at all. any ideas? im using max 2009 with v-ray maybe somethings up there?You have to use vray's motion blur in the camera options.

steveskittles
03-26-2009, 02:39 PM
doh!!! i didnt know that thanks, and will that blur the whole scene or it there a way just to blur the particles?

Ian Jones
03-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Render the particles in a separate pass and post composite them back into the scene is one option.

3DMadness
03-26-2009, 06:29 PM
doh!!! i didnt know that thanks, and will that blur the whole scene or it there a way just to blur the particles?
Yes, it will blur the whole scene and will also slow down the rendering... that's why sometimes you have to render the particles in a separate pass as Ian suggested.

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2009, 06:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.