PDA

View Full Version : Byro Brush

nisus
05-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to make a good byro brush in photoshop7?

I'd especially would love to make a brush with the caracteristics of this type: the famous M10 http://www.bicworld.com/inter_en/bdd/product_express.asp?product_id=43

Any tips are most welcome.

rgds

nisus

Abominable
05-25-2003, 05:59 PM
I have no clue what a 'byro' brush is, sorry. The strokes on the page that you linked to are small with no really outstanding detail and they look like standard PS brushes anyway, just change your ink color......not sure what you're really looking for.

Stroker
05-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Really small brush with Spacing set to 1%.
That should give you a good start.

nisus
05-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies so far. Unfortunately I think my message/question was not clear enough.
I'm trying to recreate a brush made by a simple writing insturment (a rollerball, a byro, a bic, a pen?) with clutches of ink, dark and sometimes invisible strokes. Mainly two 'aging' effects are apparent: 1) when drawing for about an hour the ink will come out faster/thicker because it's slightly heated. 2) when running empty the strokes will become uneven, sometimes scratch the paper, sometimes add a lot of ink.
Anyone got a clue on how to create this? Tnx!

The link I prevented was to show the instrument, not really the strokes.

rgds

nisus

Stroker
05-26-2003, 12:45 PM
To get some of the scratchiness, you can use Dual Brush in PS7. I hear it's great for such things. Matter of fact, I hear that the new paint engine in PS7 is pretty versatile. I imgaine it's just a matter of messingwith things.

For scratchiness in PS6 and below, you'll have to take a totally different approach. It can get pretty annoying if it's not your thing.

For making brush changes on-the-fly, might want to invest in a wacom or other touch pad.

nisus
05-26-2003, 12:54 PM
Tnx Stroker,

I'm pretty comfortable with ps7 brushes since I've managed to make good pencil, felt pen and pen brushes allready. I just don't know how to get the 'aging' effect right.

Dual brushes do slow ps7's reaction a lot so that the lines appeast a few seconds after being drawn. Basicly this makes dual brushes quite unuseable to me. Maybe someone got a good tip on how to speed up things?

Sketches (http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000013)

As you will probably notice, I own an intuosA4.

rgds

nisus

kex
06-01-2003, 12:33 AM
what u really want is painter, but if u made a very triangle shaped brush which had a soft hazy trail u would creating the running out and if u reversed the angle of the brush u would generate scrathing in what u want is a go-y consistency to the brush to make the ink look thick a sticky when used u wpuld want three or more brushs in all. i might have a go at making a brush like them tomorrowif so il post it.

nisus
06-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Tnx! I'll try that triangled shape. (Btw, I ordered painter 8, received my copy over 10days ago, but did not find the time to install it yet...) I allready have Painter Classic, but there was no good byro brush available... I hope to get my hands on painters oooo soon. Anyway, tnx a lot!

nisus

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.